Google Analytics 102: How To Set Up Goals, Segments & Events in Google Analytics
Some of you out there may find this Google Analytics feature overview to be mostly review. That’s awesome! That means you’re really taking ownership of your data. However, if you’ve never used any of these features, only experimented with them a little, or aren’t sure you’re using them correctly, you should read on.
From the time you set up your account and put your tracking code on your site, Google Analytics, starts to capture and display a lot of data.
But the one thing Google Analytics doesn’t know right out of the box is your business and the definition of a successful transaction or interaction on your website. By itself, the data doesn’t tell a story, or answer the detailed questions about your visitors without help from you.
Some of the questions basic GA data doesn’t answer by itself:
- What are the activities that visitors perform on your site that equal success for your business?
- Which visitor actions earn you money?
- Which actions drive additional visitors or repeat visits?
- What visitor activity is signal and what activity is noise?
- What are the specific circumstances that lead to success or failure?
- What are the characteristics of a successful visitor?
Adding features like Demographics & Interests, and Ecommerce can help you …read more