How to Build Habit Forming Products w/ Nir Eyal
Nir’s research is fascinating.
He studies how businesses design habit forming products that create “unprompted user engagement”- like the habit that makes you check your phone 30 times a day without realizing it.
Though Nir’s research focuses mostly on technology companies, the insights his research provides can easily be translated to what we do here.
Nir’s “Hook Cycle” puts a framework around the reasons why we keep coming back to the same companies so you can understand how you can influence your customers habits.
This is an experimental new feature for the blog, and we very much welcome your feedback.
In my interview with Nir, we discuss:
- How habit forming products are everywhere and changing our behaviors on a fundamental levels
- The 4 step “Hook” model to build addictive products
- How this model can be applied to e-commerce and SaaS products
- Where most founders miss the mark
- What metrics you should look at to find your “Hook”
Pay close attention, because what Nir shares will be extremely beneficial to the entire conversion optimization process. …read more
Article Curated From…: Conversion XL