How To Get a Verified Blue Badge on Your Facebook Page
Facebook displays the Verified Badge on verified Facebook accounts and pages to inform the visitors the page or account is confirmed to be authentic.
The proof of authenticity for Pages comes in a blue or gray circle badge with a tic mark. The Gray Badge is given to verified pages of companies, organizations and local businesses while Blue Badge is for authentic pages that represent people (mostly celebrities), media, entertainment, sports, and government agencies.
Getting verification for your Page is not that easy. But don’t worry, in this article, we will share some procedures on how to get a verified badge. So, let’s start.
Who are eligible to for Facebook Profile or Page Verification
- Public figures and celebrities – media, politics, sports and entertainment.
- Government officials
- Businesses and Brands (E.g. a Sydney SEO Company)
To be honest, an ordinary person or normal individual cannot apply for page verification. Local businesses too are not eligible. Many people tried to apply for verification and mostly failed. Again, getting a page verified is not that easy as you think.
Now, if you happen to be a regular citizen and knows full well that there’s no way for your profile or page to get verified but still wants to gain some knowledge about it, then read the following method below.
Requirements for Verifying a Facebook Page
Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Incorporation articles (if you endorse or represent sports company, entertainment or media)
Things To Do Before Applying for Page Verification
- Fill out all the details in ‘About section’ of the page
- If you have an official website, link the site to the page that you wanted to verify. In simple terms, insert the like box of your page on the site.
Types of Facebook Verification Available
- Facebook gives automatic Verification
- Manual Verification – this method works for people, celebrities, and artists who are famous already.
- Submitting Proofs by filling out forms
How to Verify a Facebook Page
In this part, the applicant must fill up the Facebook Page Verification Form and follow the steps below.
- Select the required page from the ‘Select Page’ dropdown box.
- Attach the proofs through clicking ‘ Choose Files.’
- Submit a link to your website (only if you have one)
- Then, click ‘ Send.’
After completing the process, Facebook will send an email within a short period. Afterward, you’ll get another mail, too about the status of the verification. And that is the official way to verify a Facebook Page.
There are other ways to verify a page, besides the procedures mentioned above. Some rely on mediators who will charge money to get their page confirmed. Others, go to the nearest Facebook offices.
Of course, it’s just the Go to the full article.