Website Reviews: Is Your Website Visually Distracting?
In today’s review, Tommy is assessing the visual complexity of a cabinet hardware eCommerce site to determine if the visual elements may be getting in the way of conversions.
When I judge “visual complexity”, I’m primarily looking at the following factors:
- The amount of visual elements presented on the page at any given time
- Are those elements supporting & reinforcing the main objective of the page?
Visual elements in this context can mean anything from colors, background images, product shots, typography, textures & anything intended to communicate the value of the site.
Watch this 9:40 minute review
Reducing these elements to display only the most relevant is vital because:
- “First impressions” are made within 1/5oth of a second (roughly the amount of time it takes for a kernel of popcorn to pop)
- The human brain can identify images within 1/13th of a second
- The human memory can only store between 5-9 “chunks” of information at one time
- Why Simple Websites Are Scientifically Better
- The Landing Page Optimization Guide You Wish You Always Had
- How Images Can Boost Your Conversion Rate
- <a target=_blank title="Useful Value Proposition Examples …read more
Article Curated From…: Conversion XL